On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 16:46 -0300, Francine wrote:
> I'm just starting to use it and love it's easy useability  but have
> discovered that I can't paste anything into my document.  I'm writing a
> history and when I cut to paste a paragraph somewhere else it won't do
> it.  I looked in the clipboard viewer to see if it's there and it is,
> but it won't paste it. I can paste it in Word Perfect  though.  I can
> cut it from OpenOffice and paste it in WP. The icons are shaded in the
> tool bar and so are they in the edit drop down menu.  When I highlight
> to choose what I want to cut or copy, the icon to cut or paste will
> highlight, I then can cut or paste and it goes to the clipboard and then
> the icons go grey again and I'm stuck.
>
> I've already bragged about this program, but I must have done it too
> soon.  I can't use this program with this hitch.  I'm very disappointed
> in this.  I use Windows XP.
>
> Can you help?
> Francine

I think you may have found a problem. When this occurs does Edit > Paste
also get disabled (greyed out) too? BTW, I use Linux so it isn't OS
dependent if we are seeing the same thing.  When I see it, I have Edit >
Changes > Record enabled but not Show. Enabling both has corrected the
problem.  So can you describe the problem on your box a bit better,
please. If what you have is similar to mine then I will file an issue.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead