I'm using Base and trying to create a Report from a Query (as opposed to creating the report directly from a table.) I get the error message "The field names from <query> could not be retrieved." It only happens with queries that were written with the "Run SQL Command Directly" option turned on. If I turn the option off, my otherwise perfectly good MySQL statements produce error messages. Any ideas how I can get past the "field names could not be retrieved" error message?

Richard

P.S. Behavior is the same for both JDBC and ODBC.