Someone posted this just recently:
"It gets better the other way around. Say you have a spread sheet that you
want to import as a table in a database. Open both the spread sheet and the
database. Ctl-A the sheet, put your cursor anywhere in the highlighted area,
drag and drop the content on the Table icon in the Base window. I just love
this feature."

I've just tried it and it works well. It automatically assumes that
you want to create a new table (haven't tried importing into an
existing table as yet) and allows you to define each of the columns as
you want them.

Reply to the list if any further issues.

/paul