The issue is not the precison with which Open Office can place an element on a page -- you can only specify 2 decimal place when your default unit is set to points, You get get a much smaller increment (.00014") -- it's just that if you are used to working in inches switching to a different unit of measure is a pain.

At the risk of getting abused again -- even though I still say that laser and inkjet printers are not accurate enough for .005 to make a difference and if you are using an imagesetter and have printers and artists involved, I would work on the assumption that yopu would pick the correct tool for the job and use a page layout program with the precison you need.

So the real question is how much of a Swiss army Knife should Open Office be -- at what point does the application become so bloated with features and options that it begins to resemble another well know office package.

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street