On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:41:30 -0400
Pete Holsberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A non-profit organization I work with is trying to wean itself of
> Microsoft Office.
>
> However, they have a number of significant and active Access
> databases. Will they be able to work with them through BASE? (I
> looked through the online documentation but it requires more
> knowledge about Access than I possess.)
>
> Thanks.

Yes. You can connect directly to the Access data bases using ODBC.

Alternatively, depending on the complexity of the databases you can
change the databases over to the native OO format and access them
entirely within OO.

If your databases are really big, the way to go might be to use an
open-source database program such as MySQL to do the database handling
and again within OO connect to it via ODBC

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St