Wow - thanks so much - that saved my life tonight - this is very, very
kind of you.
This kind of help when one is in a rush is truly appreciated.

Very best wishes,

Martin

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 18:01 -0500, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 17:13 -0500, my wrote:
> > Dear Friends,
> >  I apologise for the need for fast help, but kid needs homework done for
> >  tomorrow and I have no clue how to do this, although I am sure googling
> > would, had I the time, do it.
> >
> > He needs two colums, one called "What I Read" and the other half of the
> > page "What I thought."
> >
> > Obviously, he needs to be able to(meaning me, secretary, of course) to
> > write the first thing on the left hand side of the page, the start over
> > and answer the questions on the right hand side, and print it out.
> >
> > Since I cannot write html here, I can only hope this approximates what I
> > need:
> >
> > thing 1                                   thing 2
> > blah blah blac                            yackyack yack
> > blah blah                                 yack yack yack
> >

> > The problem is that trying to finish the text is column a then reset the
> > margins does not preserve column A, but moves the text.  I can tab it, as
> > that would involved knowing the contents of column b.
> >
> > How would on set up such a thing?
>
> In writer user a 2 column table. Insert > Table or Ctrl+F12 opens the
> dialogue and you can set the number of rows. The cell will expand and
> contract to suit the text entered.  Play with the borders too.

"...children and young people feel instinctively the difference between
those who genuinely wish them well and those who regard them merely as
raw material for some scheme." --Russell