Dan Lewis wrote:

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 12:36 pm, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 12:00 -0600, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
Is OOo 2.0 furnished with a complete database feature or only a front
end, requiring Mysql or some such database application?
Yes but it needs a working JRE.
Thanks for the help.  So, I'll need Mysql (or do you recommend another
back end?).  As to JRE,  does  Java Runtime come with SuSE and get
loaded on boot up?

SuSE probably includes JRE. However, OOo 2.0 seems to require the 1.5 version of JRE (also known as version 5.0). Using JRE 1.4.2 causes some unnecessary crashes and other problems in OOo 2.0. The latest version of JRE is available at: www.java.com. When JRS answered your question with a yes, he was saying that OOo 2.0 can be used as the front end to a database such as MySQL AND it has its own relational database using the HSQL database engine. More information on how to use it is in the manual you have.

Thank you for the information! I am glad I can use the database with OOo 2.0 without having to install yet another application (viz. Mysql)

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130