You may be jumping to conclusions there Doug, the only WindowsOS I run is
the one inside a Win4LinPro window under Xandros3.0, and we are unlikely to
install OOo in there any time soon! Xandros has the primary OS in this
office since 2002.

Now just to be clear; in our 1.1.2 installation [the lastest OOo release
with official Xandros support] when we highlight some text [or any other
object], we can right click the mouse anywhere within that document and the
right click menu will still pertain to the highlighted text.
In our 2.0 installation when some text is highlighted the mouse MUST be over
the highlighted text when you right click for the menu to pertain to that
the highlighted text [otherwise the menu will be about whatever it is under
the mouse arrow as the right button was depressed]. This is the standard
right click functionality in WP12 and MSO2000 and I can not remember what
way it was in our earlier OOo's.

Whilst we have had issues with OOo2 not being capable of printing out some
of our .swx files I am confidant the OOo2.0 install is solid. Nothing in the
way it performs indicated otherwise to me. The mail-merge print issue is to
do with how OOo now handles Fields in memory and once we reduce the number
of fields within the individual files to below 2000{yes they are very
unusual files} the memory that OOo2 uses does not climb beyond that which is
available [as indicated by a Process Manager utility that was watching the
print processes] on our old AMD PR1300 (with over 1GB ram) system.

So now I am not sure if my mouse behaviour normal or not!