OpenOffice 2.0 has replaced the 1 feature that sold me on it.
Auto-save, true saving of your document on a timer.

This is the reason I use and recommend OpenOffice over Microsoft. It has now been replaced by Auto-recovery save. which is the exact reason I can't stand to use MS Office. Auto-recovery is not reliable enough for all situations. Case: My low power laptop crashed last night and failed to recover 1 of 3 documents(OO 2.0), by chance the document I had actually been working on. I've had much worse times with MS auto-recovery. I remember having to dig around for the auto-recovery temp files occasionally because the software couldn't find them even though they existed.

I realize that this switch is what other users wanted, based on reading back in the list, but is it possible to have both - give the end user the option? In the mean time can anyone tell me how to add the feature back as a macro or script.

Alex