On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 15:17 -0500, Peter Brown wrote:
> Re: OpenOffice 2.0 on WinXP Pro SP2.
>
> OpenOffice 1.x had options for "Open Document" and "From Template"
> which I would pin to the Start menu, achieving the same functionality
> as in MS Office.
>
> In OpenOffice 2, this appears to be only available via the
> Quickstarter in the tray.  Is there a setup option to restore these
> picks?  On machines where I had the foresight to copy them, I edited
> the properties and redirected their targets to the OpenOffice 2
> loadpoint, and they still work.  On other machines though, I am stuck.

I see you have not had an answer to either of your messages. Are you
trying to configure Windows start menu or something else? If the start
menu, then you use a short cut. I do not use Windows and do not have the
exact syntax but it should look something like this:
        "c:\<where have your copy of OOo>\<username>\Desktop\New OpenDocument
Text.odt"

Do check windows help if the above does not work to make it correct.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead