Margaret Stanley <stanley <at> wr14.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Every time I enter a date in Writer  I need to explicitly set the
> format to , for example 31 Oct 05 instead of 10/31/05. Is there any
> way of setting this as a default date format?
>
> Margaret Stanley

I've only managed to get part of the way: Tools /Options /Language Settings
/Languages /Locale Setting: Your Choice, Default Languages ... Western: Your
Choice.  Since I've chosen Australian English, using the simple date field gives
me 09/11/05 (instead of the US format 11/09/05) for 9 November 2005.  The only
way I can find to get a different format is to use the field "other".  I too am
interested to discover whether there is some way to alter the default format.