I had to send this in. I was just grinning from ear to ear. My 20 year old son is in his second year in college. He had a partial PowerPoint presentation on his USB drive. He said all the projectors were reserved Friday so they have to transfer their PowerPoint presentation to transparencies for overhead projectors. I told him to come into my office. He was absolutely amazed at how much OpenOffice 2.0 Impress looked like his Microsoft Office 2003 PowerPoint. He was also amazed at how easily Impress read his PowerPoint presentation. He knew more of how to work Impress than I did! "You mean I can make PDFs out of my PowerPoint," he asked? Yup. He told me that it was considerably cheaper where he was going to go to have the transparencies made to have a PDF file rather than a PowerPoint file. Then I took him to the OpenOffice web site. That too was an eye opener. I can easily say that he was very impressed with OpenOffice and saw M$O 2003 as "not as hot as so many claim."

Greg