Keith Bates wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:26:45 -0000
"Jagger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you for the message encouraging me   The problem I encountered
was that the down loadable word pages from www.teach-ict.com wouldn't
open in open office  as it became the default to open files and then
I couldn't access them through word because there was no means to
transfer and open them Thanks Helen Jagger

Hi Helen,

I've just downloaded a couple of documents from that site and they open
fine in Open Office-- the section I looked at was Unit 7.1
What you may need to do is save them to your hard-drive (right click on
the web page then choose "save as"). Then start Open Office and open
them.

I also note that some documents are saved in pdf format which requires
a program like Acrobat Reader.

Hope this helps you.

Helen, are saying that Openoffice had become the default, you then uninstalled Openoffice and now MS Word cannot open the files because OOo is still the default. if this is so, then you must tell MS Word that it is the default for all doc files. (See Fajar's outline above)
WSP

--
OOo 2.0 - Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 - Win XP sp2