On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 18:50 -0800, Naveen Agarawal wrote:
> I am using openoffice 2.0 in a multiuser environment in fedora core 4. Most
> often it fails to start up. When I look at the process table I find many
> soffice processes (soffice and soffice.bin) for each user although the
> program is not running at that time. I have to kill these processes manually
> and then it starts up. Same thing happens while closing. It just freezes and
> I have to resort to killing the process manually. What can be the reason?
>
>  Regards!
>
>  Naveen

Unless you are using the release that comes directly from OOo, I would
say the problem is directly related to the FC4 release that RH has
modified. Try eliminating the RH release and then installing the
official release. Word of warning, do not let up2date, update OOo as
this causes problems.

> Every body has his shares of ups and downs but one should never say no to
> life.

PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/