[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm having the same problem that Frank is having, except that in my case, it involves Writer and the Styles and Formatting window. It only floats, blocking out some of the document, rather than being in a separate pane. I've tried dragging it over to the right, but it remains as a floating window. I've tried Ctrl dragging, and just about anything else I can think of.

Is removing the user > configuration files really the only way to get this back to being a separate pane? If I do remove those, what else might get deleted, if anything?

your customizations, settings, templates :)
but you don't have to delete it, just move it, rename it, so that oo.org starts with a fresh one - then you'll see if here is a problem. if there is, you can restore parts of personal files until you find the offending portion.

you probably also should try a new user login with empty oo.org configuration to see wether you can reproduce the problem.

btw, what operating system/window environment is this problem reproducible with ?

also note that behaviour has changed in 2.0 - in 1.1 you had to hold ctrl to dock panels, in 2.0 ctrl prevents them from docking.
..
--
 Rich