Thunderbird's addrress book does compliment OpenOffice
as Microsoft's Outlook compliments OpenOffice
(actually it's my opinion Thunderbird does a better
job.)  However, general Thunderbird operations, i.e.
setting up newsgroups are best at
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ or
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

Greg