On Wednesday 30 November 2005 08:04 am, Beth Panitz wrote:
> Help! I am a special education teacher, and I wrote a report about one of
> my students on my laptop at home, where I have the openoffice suite.  Now I
> am at school, where I have Microsoft Word. I brought the file here on a
> disk, but I can't open it.  Please help me ASAP!  Thank you.
>
> Beth Panitz
> Special Educator
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Gateway School
> The Hearing and Speech Agency

     We can not help you today, but here is what you can do in the future. Any
work you take to the office on a disk needs to be saved as a MS Word
document. If you keep a copy of your work on your laptop, save that copy in
the OOo format. Then do this File > Save As. The Save As window will have a
drop down list of File types (file formats). Click the drop down list, and
scroll down to the MS Word 97/2000/XP (.doc) line. Select it. Now save the
file to the disk you take to school.

Dan