David Chapman <richhillsoftware <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There are three ways of grabbing cell information.... summarized with examples
here..
> http://www.openofficetips.com/blog/archives/2004/11/macros_getting.html

... All I need to do is get the value dumped to a string so that I can compare
it. ... RK

The value obtained can be converted to a string with cStr (...).  I have been
unable to get Basic to read values of less than 1, so I have "cheated" by using
.String or .getString rather than .Value or .getValue.  I have an idea you're
not supposed to do that but I can find no other way of getting small values.  I
have successfully used the strings so obtained with .setValue (...).