On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Jim Razor wrote:

have been trying to import MS Word Documents (Office XP -word 2002)
documents into Writer... they go haywire... dropping some of the borders...
then is when the fun begins...

jim,

  I don't have answers for you, but I can report that I've been using OO.o on
linux since 2000 and have never had a problem with a Word document sent by a
client or agency staffer. On rare occasions a graphic insert will not
properly display, but tables have just not been a problem.

  Could your font size be too large for the page? In my experience, every
user of Word sets the typeface to the default Times Roman and the point size
to 12. I use 10pt Palatino, so the first thing I do with an imported document
is block the entire thing and change the font. Sometimes margins are
different, too, so I check those.

  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"