Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> Enrique Castro wrote:
>>I have realized that I cannot change the text font color in any of OOo 2.0
>>components (Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw). Using toolbar button or menu
>>(Format>Caracter>FontEffects>FontColor) is without efefct. I do see teh
>>color change in the Font Effects dialog window, but not on the document,
>>taht remains always blak.
>>Is this a common bug or something special to my system?, broken locally
>>
> I have never heard of this problem. Are your documents properly viewable
> on another system (in other words, although it displays incorrectly, is
> it properly created?) Second question. Does a document created on
> another system look fine on your system?

Hi Andrew, thanks for answering.
I have been jumping from Linux to Windows (my copy of OOo 2.0 on windows
works well) for the test you suggested. OOo 2.0 on Linux was able to
produce documents with text in colors when openend in Windows. Even more,
if I generated a PDF in Linux and opened it, the colors were there.

Thus I decided to inspect in detail all configuration options (comparing
with the working installation). I have found the "problem". Not a bug in
the program but an incorrect option setting:
OpenOffice.org>Accesibility>Options for high contrast appearance
Use automatic font color for screen display

This option was checked, thus the behavior I saw. I was unaware of this
effect, even, of the existence and purpose of these settings.

Thanks Andrew, without your feedback I wouldn't have engaged in the
extensive testing

Enrique