Solveig Haugland wrote:

Hi all,

>> gordon frank wrote:

>> Are there user manuals to help a first-time
>> user become familiar with each of the components?

The Documentation link  is definitely the place to go.
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

And of course there's online help in the product. The Index tab of the Help window is the best approach, I find.

I'm also blogging various tasks in OpenOffice.org 2.0 and StarOffice 8.0 at http://openoffice.blogs.com Jacqueline, Louis, Erwin, Sam, and Ben have blogs as well, which I link to from mine. All OpenOffice.org blogs, or at least most of them, are listed at http://www.openoffice.org/editorial/blogs.html Some are instructional, some topical.

I've also found www.oooforums.org to be quite useful.

Solveig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OpenOffice.org Blog: Tips and Tricks, News and Ideas
http://www.openoffice.blogs.com

OpenOffice.org Training, Consulting, and Learning Materials
http://www.getopenoffice.org

"OpenOffice.org Resource Kit" User's guide from Prentice Hall

Although Solveig Haugland did not mention it, she is an author of some excellent books that you would probably find useful. Search Amazon.com for her name.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm