On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:53:28 +1000
Jean Hollis Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 <snip previous messages quoted>

> Let me look into this later today and get back to you, and to
> Keith Bates and anyone else who has been having trouble with
> labels, either creating them or printing them or editing them.
> I'm working on a revision to the section on printing labels in
> "Printing with Writer" because it's obvious that more needs to be
> said, or it needs to be said differently. And I can see the need
> for a How-to on the subject. This list is great for beta testing
> the user docs! :-)
>
> Here is the existing "Printing with Writer" chapter:
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0205WG-PrintingWithWriter.pdf
>
> Regards, Jean
> Jean Hollis Weber

Jean,

It seems to me that the "labels" section is way too brief.

If you want to rework the detailed procedure I wrote earlier for this
I'm happy for you to use it. See email "The Definitive Guide to Printing
Your Christmas Address Labels in OO 2.0"

One issue that really needs to be resolved finally though is the "Next
Record" field. Is it needed or not? I've never had to put it in and I
find that when I do, it actually skips every second record, so that OO
is in fact already doing this.

I wonder if there is a difference between the Windows and linux
versions at this point.

I notice that in your procedure in the "Printing Envelopes" section
the steps are pretty much identical to that for printing labels where
there is more than one page. Perhaps the "Printing With Writer" chapter
could point that out so that the continuity between the two processes
is more obvious.

It also appears that the Help File "labels;from databases" needs to be
rewritten.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates