To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: "Doreen Carbuhn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] XP Install Fails

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 23:33 +1100, Doreen Carbuhn wrote:
Well,
 I end up with an icon on the screen, Open Officeorg 2.0 Install
Its XP, latest M$ poison, install seems not to complete.
Can find writer and excel lookalike in exe list, runs, no linkage to
desktop.
Pls advise
Ray and Doreen

Please explain "install seems not to complete". Do you see any error
messages?

Does "no linkage to desktop" mean that you do not see any desktop icons?

Have you run md5sum on the downloaded (OOo_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.exe)
file, to determine that the file is not corrupted. If you need info on
obtaining and using md5sum look here:
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.0/md5sums.html

Please reply only to: users@openoffice.org

Dave