Hi Chris,
The quickest solution may be to download and install Open Office at work. If that's not possible, you can get the text out of your document by renaming it to *.zip and opening with a decompression utility like winzip or ultimatezip. Extract 'content.xml' and drag and drop it onto an open browser (internet explorer or mozilla). You should be able to copy and paste the text from the browser. It will follow a bunch of formatting information.
tc

You appear not to be subscribed to the users mailing list. You could miss many of the replies to your post unless you do subscribe. Just send a blank message addressed to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> using the e-mail account through which you want to receive it. You will receive a message asking you to confirm your subscription by replying to it. See http://support.openoffice.org/index.html for more options.

Turner, Christopher A. [C] wrote:
Last night I emailed myself a document I created using the open office word
processor. I thought I saved it as a Word doc so I could read/edit it here
at work, but apparently I didn't, since it is now completely garbled!
How do I unscramble it so I can read it here today without going home,
re-saving it, and re-sending it??!!!

Chris