On Fri December 30 2005 08:21, JC Helary wrote:
> I noticed a considerable difference in size between the "links
> updated" and "links not updated" version of an imported Excel
> spreadsheet.
>
> After checking the content.xml file I noticed that in one case the
> whole linked tables were not displayed but present in the xml, while
> in the other there were only references.
>
> In case I choose the "reference" only version, edit it, save it as
> xls and deliver, how much of the original data has been lost ? And
> was this data valuable in the first place ? What are those linked
> tables intended for ?

Hi Jean-Christophe,
 I do not think that this has come up previously here. However maybe you
should ask on dev@sc.openoffice.org and ask to be CC:ed as you may not see
all replies unless you subscribe to that list by sending an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and reply to the confirmation request email.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ