On Tuesday 03 January 2006 03:20, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> But I take it that *unless* I specify UTF-8 in the first line:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I don't know as I'm not an OOo developer. But I always generate this line when
I need it because it is language independent.

> of content.xml, if I write E0A4A8 to the file, it will *not* be interpreted
> as 0928 Unicode. Is that right?

It is perhaps worth pointing out that some languages (like Perl and Java) will
write character values out in UTF-8 encoding automatically, which is why I
prefer them for this sort of task.

Andy