Don't know about OOo filter but you're right, chm is MS html help format. Perhaps trying it in a browser will help.
WSP

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

I just bought an SBLive 24 bit card, and the manual on the cd is in the .chm format. Opening it with OOo-2.0.1 gets me about the same as opening it with less, unintelligible gibberish with a few english words sprinkled hither and yon.

Does OOo have a filter to properly handle this?

--
OOo 2.0.1 – SeaMonkey 1.5a/1.0b (nightlies...) - Win XP sp2