Hi.

I am using open office spreadsheet. But on too many occasions in the last 6
months, when I have saved my work, the file has become corrupt next time ive
tried to open it. And I have lost lost a hell of a lot of work. I make back-up
copies of the ODS. file but they become corrupt at the same time, then I have
have to re-input all of the data again.

Re-starting the PC doesnt help. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it
again V.1.9.79
This hasnt helped either. It doesnt happen everytime i use it. In the last few
days it was competant enough to save and then re-open the following day. Last
time a problem happened, All of the data must have been wiped off the file
because usually it is around 1,900kb but then it suddenly diminished down to
2kb! and so did the copy I made the day before.

This time though, It still says 1,900 kb of data is still there, but when i try
to open the file in open office, the following error message appears:

Read-Error

Format error discovered in the file in sub-document $(ARG1) AT $(ARG2)(row,col).

I have tried opening it up on another PC on the network, and it comes up with
the same message.

Please can you help, as I have a lot of work on it, and am not willing to
re-input it again for the 4th time in 6 months, So fear that I may have to stop
using Open Office.

Please can you email me back at this address to suggest what can be done. I
have just subscribed in the mailing list.

many thanks.

Alex