Additional information: the copyied documents do
not spell check once I save, close reopen them.
Same symptoms as below.

DT

David Teague(T-bird acct) wrote:

I have two OOo writer documents. One spell
checks just fine, one does not.

OOo, with the document that fails to spell check
does this:  When I click  the spell check icon
Writer gives me a dialog box asking if I want to
continue the spelling check from the top. I click
yes and Writer inform me that the spelling check
is complete.

I worked around this by copying all the text
to the clipboard then creating a blank OOo
text document and pasting the text there.
In the new document spelling checks perfectly.
All the formatting copies intact, so I have lost
nothing, but I'd like to know how to fix that
short of creating a new document.

With some older versions of MS Word, I can
fix a similar problem by setting the language,
but I can't find where to do that with OOo,
nor do I know whether that is the appropriate
fix for OOo.

Thanks.

Warm Regards
David

--

-- David Teague, cs.wcu.edu/~dbt -- Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths -- Classical Bass www.dennismasuzzo.com; www.silviodallatorre.com; www.joelquarrington.com -- Jazz Upright Bass Red Mitchell, home.teleport.com/~mimuma/; www.larryholloway.com/;