Tony Levene wrote:
dear open office,

I use Open Office 2.0.  I cannot find how to get a word count button on to the
toolbar (you can do this in the microsoft word processor  by dragging from a
customise list). Is this possible?

Pick the narrow down-arrow at the right of the toolbar.

Customize Toolbars
Add
Options (on the left)
Word Count (on the right)
Add
Close
Use the big black arrows to move the button to where you want it.
If "Word Count" instead of an icon is all right, hit OK; you're done.

Otherwise, hit Modify
Change Icon
Use an existing icon that you think is OK, or design a 26x26 icon with whatever tool is convenient for you, from Windows Paint to GIMP, and import it.
OK
OK

--
John W. Kennedy
"But now is a new thing which is very old--