No. That proves that the answer in the previous post was correct. The links just didn't update in real time. They did when you closed down and started over again.

Joe

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

OO 2 final - I am having tremendous dificulty with links between
spreadsheets.  I am assuming that the function works like Excel - you
select the cell, press "=" and then select the cell in the other
spreadsheet. (Someone correct me if this is NOT the way to do it?)

The first problem I have is that when I go to make a link to one
particular sheet, it tells me the spreadsheet I want to link to doesn't
exist! Yet there it is, open, not "untitled" and I'm working on it!
the second major problem I am having is that I make a link to another
sheet, select a cell with data in it, yet the cell that contains the
link returns 0! And autocalc IS on.

It also seems to be very flakey - I've just done the above with a new
empty spreadsheet and it works perfectly OK! Yet the sheet that I need
to set up links in, which was also just created this morning, has all
these problems! Can anyone suggest a reason why the links in THIS
particular spreadsheet sre not working properly?

Thanks for the responses - the strange thing is, that I closed down all
three spreadsheets, (due to some system maintenance I was doing)
re-opened them, and links behaved exactly as they should do!

Just a blip in something, i would guess?

Thanks again

Cheers!