Just over a week ago, I lodged a couple of queries, but there's been no reply. Any thoughts?
For the record, these are they:

1. On several occasions, I've reset my single-quotes to be automatically replaced via Tools > AutoCorrect only to find that this has been countermanded next time I open the programme. The same thing happens when I tell it not to replace 1st with 1^st. Am I missing a trick here?

2. I doubt if I'm the only person in this world who can remember the Alt numbers of some of the more common special characters, especially those with accents and umlauts. Besides, using these is often quicker than fumbling around the Special Character facility on OOo. One oddity I've noticed with Alt-148 (รถ) is that the cursor always seems to move back such that the character appears before instead of after the one I've just typed. So far as I remember, this also happened with OOo 1.1.x. (It may also happen with other special characters, but none I routinely use.) Is there some reason for this, am I missing something, or is this (admittedly) a very small bug?

I'm running OOo 2.0.1 with WinXP.

Gareth Curtis