Hi Geoff,
Not much chance of that. If you can still load the files on the old pc and export them in CSV or excel format, you could then import those files. You won't be able to import forms, though.
tc

Geoff Coulson wrote:

I am a completely new user of OpenOffice.org version 2.0  (it was pre-installed
by the supplier of my new PC).
My problem is:-
   I have a few  data base files which I created (on the old PC)  with
MicroSoft Works 4.5  (the file extension is *.wdb).
   I need to edit and save these files from time to time, but I have not been
able to open them in OpenOffice.org Base.
   How can I pursuade OpenOffice to recognize these files, please?
               Thank you in anticipation of your help,      Geoff Coulson.