Ted Parrett <swingtones <at> netactive.co.za> writes:
> Hi everyone, I recently installed OOo 2.0 on a Windows XP machine. My country
is South Africa so I have the language set to English (South Africa) in the
Windows regional settings options. For this country the decimal separator is a
comma and not a decimal point. The comma is used for decimal numbers and
currency. The thousands separator is a space and not a comma. This is how I have
these set up in the Windows regional options dialog  I am unable to get Calc 2.0
to display and recognise the PC's regional settings even when I set them up in
the user defined cell format dialog....

I tried your language setting for a group of cells.  I was able to get the date
format but could not get the space recognised as a thousands separator or a
comma
recognised as a decimal separator.  I had a look at Esperanto.  That uses the
separators you require.