On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 22:56 +0100, René Bach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a) BUG
> OOs 2.0.1:
> In the <ADD> dialog, the wizard does not recognize shortcuts. It treats
> them as files, instead of opening the pointed to directory and letting
> the user choose a file or continue browsing the file system, like most
> application would let you do oit.
>

> b) to whom shall I mail this bug report

You do this yourself. In other words, I suggest that you enter an the
into Issue
Tracker as this is the best way to have problems such as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join
     2. Fill in your information
     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
        you provided.
     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
     5. And click on the "My Pages" tab from which you can file and find
issues.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.

> c) what happens to the bug report

It is evaluated.

> d) I have read about the Mail Merge Interface not being understandable
> to non computer user. I have not seen replies to that.  Is there a
> tutorial about bug reports and tracking available ?

Perhaps, reading
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/Email_mailmerge.pdf
will help clarify some of the problems your are having.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead