CPHennessy wrote:

His problem may be an issue with the driver for Windows98 for his computer.

That was my suspicion but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else had experienced this. In the meantime, he was able to draw the rounded rectangle with his previous OOo version (1.1.4) and then open the file in version 2.0.1 to work with it. I'm curious as to what the differences are between OOo 2.0.1 and OOo 1.1.4 in drawing that particular shape, since it works fine in 1.1.4 and maybe that will give me a lead.

I believe in another thread GRS suggested that people would probably need to know how much memory is installed in the computer. It has 512 MB of RAM. Since we've found a workaround, it's no longer a critical problem, but if anyone comes up with anything OOo-related or manages to duplicate the issue I'd still appreciate knowing. In the meantime, I will probably go check his computer for Windows 98 problems.

Thanks,
Kira