Adalbert Dawid wrote:

Hi list,

I'm working on a presentation for my employer and decided to do it with
OOo-Impress 2.0. This presentation includes a logo of the company I'm
working for, which has to be properly down-scaled by Impress.
Unfotunately, after scaling down the logo looks really bad in Impress, so
I started looking for some option to improve the scaling quality (e.g. by
turning on bilinear or trilinear smoothing), but found nothing so far.
In comparison, MS Powerpoint does the same scaling job *much* better.
Also, if I downscale the image with any graphics viewer (like gqview)
with bilinear scaling turned on, it looks pretty much the same as in
Powerpoint.

So here is my question: is there a way to improve the scaling quality of
images in the OOo suite? If not, I'll be forced to switch to Powerpoint,
which I really don't want to happen...

Thanks
Adalbert

You could use Gimp to scale the image down then copy and paste it into Open Office, that's how I usually do it. Gimp is a GNU Image Manipulation Program, is very similar to Paintshop Pro and is released like OpenOffice under the GNU Public Licence.

Regards

Darren.