Hi Chris,

Christopher S. Harris wrote:

That was it, Cor.
But I need to reset that every time I open a document.
Strange ...

Any tips on permanently changing that setting?

I think you can do that with changing the default template.
See round pg 393 of
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf

So create a blanc document with the print preview as it should be (and do all settings (styles) as you like). Save that as template. And set that template as the default one.

Greetings,
Cor

Chris