I'd like very much to thank you for answering. I realize it was an odd
question, but it did not pop up in "Export" or say clearly "Tab-delimited"
under Save As, and to be honest, I'd never used .csv. ... Oops!

Another related question -- sorry to bother you! -- is whether someone could
write a macro to give the option of having no text delimiter ... in the
drop-down menu of Edit Filter Settings in the .csv dialogue box?

Further: I have discovered that OO copies Excel in a lot of things, but not in
some ways. For instance, in Excel, F2 toggles first to Enter mode and then to
Edit mode in a cell. How do I toggle to Edit mode from within the cell? F2 in
OO only works to get to Enter mode.

Lastly: Is there some way to set OO to have all Excel features, such as this? I
mean, change from OO features to Excel ones instantly? Or do I have to wait for
people to write macros?

[Not that all OO ways are worse than Excel's (some are better). But a) I'm used
to Excel, and b) some are better in Excel.]

I really hope you don't mind, and thank you for answering my first question.  :)
Clare

"G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 16:19
-0500, Clare Kuehn wrote:
> There seems to be no option to export as a tab-delimited file, in OpenOffice
> Calc.

Try File -> Save As and select "Text CSV (csv)" as the file type from
this dropdown menu. If you see "Edit Filter settings" checkbox in the
lower left of the dialogue box, enable it so you can set the separation
character to tab et cetera.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead