On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 12:45 -0500, John wrote:
> I am hoping you can tell me how to delete a file once I no longer need
> it. I have no way of removing these that I can tell (like a delete
> file choice)and nobody else I have asked can tell me.

You forgot to tell what version of OOo you use and I had to dig your OS
from your headers. Next time, please include at least this info. As to
deleting files, this should be a function of your OS. In other words, I
believe you can use Windows Explorer.

In case you are referring to OOo's recently used file list, there are a
number of macros that might possibly suit your purpose. One is History
Manager which you can get from ooomacros.org. Use the link at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/thirdparty.html

> I can keep creating these just fine but they are accumulating so many
> that I need to do this! If you can't help me could you tell me who
> can.

The defaults are 4 in 1.1.x and, I think, 20 in 2.x so I do not
understand the above. Please explain how you are getting more than these
defaults without making changes yourself to the control files or by
using a macro.  This information will help make OOo better.

> I initially open Word in my Office XP Home to get into Open Office
> which is where all the files are.

You use Word to open OpenOffice.org files? I do not understand this
either. Please explain as Word or MSO in any of its current incarnations
can open OOo files.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead