John Harrison wrote:
I have a question about open office. If I write a letter in the writer and I
want to email it as an attachment can this be done or does the person that I
want to send this to have to have open office on their computer as well?

If you only need the recipient to read the document:

File > Send > Document as Attachment

and select the format type. I use PDF, in which case the recipient will need Acrobat Reader.

You can send as HTML, of course.

If you send the document as E-mail only then the end user will need OOo installed.

--

Pierre
Worrigee, NSW,