On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:03:13 -0500, Linda Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi
 Before I download the program I have some questions.
1. If I have Word, Works, etc. Will I still have these programs after downloading Open Office and be able to still use them?
 2.  Does this program attach trackers to my browser?
 3.  After downloading will there ever be a charge for using the program?
 Thanks
 Linda Miller

Hi Linda,

1. Yes, Word and Works will still both function. When you install Open Office be sure you DO NOT check any checkboxes to make Open Office your default for Word, Excel or Powerpoint. This has caused some confusion for some folks in the past. You also want to bear in mind that people who don't have Open Office won't be able to read an Open Office file. You want to remember to Save As a Word (.doc) file before sending the file to someone.

2. No, Open Office won't install any spyware or trackers on your system. It's 100% safe as far as I'm concerned.

3. It's Open Source software, so there is never a charge for using the program.

--
Steven Cox
Mectek - Inetprime