On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 16:23 +0100, pop.wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> >>You can also connect to a spreadsheet
> >>or text file if that's where your data is.
>
> How do I tell Writer to connect to a textfile ????

If you're using OOo 2.0.x then go to File > New > Database

This starts the database wizard. Click on the Help button and type
'database wizard' into the Index search term box. This will hopefully
explain the procedure well enough.

And you will be able to specify data delimiters etc for text files.

If your using OOo 1.x then I think you'll need to search Help for 'data
sources'.