Dear Sirs,
We are getting in touch with you because we need to translate in Italian some PDF pamphlets with a complex layout. To perform the translations in our company we use a translation memory called Omega T (www.omegat.org) that can handle natively Open Office documents.
As known, PDF files aren't easy to handle so we tested and then purchased Abbyy Fine Reader 8 that has the ability to read PDF files (even containing complex page layouts, tables, etc.) and send the recognised text to various programs. As an example,
Abbyy Fine Reader can save recognised documents in Word format but unfortunately it does not foresee any direct output to Open Office / Star Office.
We tried to open in
- Open Office 1.1.5
- Star Office 7
- Open Office 2.01
the Word file(s) generated by Abbyy Fine Reader but the layout looks very different from the original one.
Can you kindly have a look on the attached files and tell us if you think you will ever be able to enlarge the compatibility to these peculiar Word files or do you have any specific suggestions to help us?
We enclose to this e-mail some files in different formats - from the original to the resulting file -, for you to better understand our problem. We send you:
- the PDF file cvg200-e.pdf (original)
- the Batch file BATCH_CVG_200 (we created from the PDF file)
- the resulting Word file cvg_200.doc
- the Open Office file cvg200.sxw

Waiting for your kind comment on the matter.
Many thanks.
Best regards.

Francesco Querini
c/o