Thanks for the response.

  If I download the newer version, can it be installed over the one currently
on my PC?

  Or, do I have to uninstall 2.0 before installing 2.0.2RC1?

  Thanks again for your help,
  Richard

CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On Sun February 19 2006 16:34, + Richard Schaffer wrote:
> OpenOffice Suppport,
>
> My current OpenOffice version is 2.0 and the functionality of the
> software is very impressive.
>
> A newer version, 2.0.2 RC1, is available and this version would be
> preferred.
>
> Unfortunately I only have a dial-up connection at home and downloading an
> 82.0 MB file is an arduous task.
>
> Is there a “patch” for 2.0 that will update it to the newer version?

Unfortunately not. Core developers are working on features and fixing bugs and
no one else has stepped forward to help with this feature.

You should be able to buy a CD on http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/
soon after the release of 2.0.2 or else use a download manager to do your
downloads over several internet sessions.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Richard Schaffer

6781 Pecan Avenue, Moorpark, CA 93021

805-523-8466 (Residence), 805-587-6655 (Cellular), 662-796-4041 (Fax)

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.