So the only remaining question is, why the hell didn't the install
utility have > that box checked by default?

That's a good question... I have a feeling that most folks don't want the backup file, although I've no idea why not. Perhaps it's just an oversight by the programmers, but there's probably a reason behing it.

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:57:01 -0500, John Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 21 Feb 2006, at 14:27, Steven Cox wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:13:42 -0500, Jallan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "I know this thing is making automatic backups all the time, because
> sometimes it interrupts me while I am typing. I'll just go get the
> backup file."

In Version 2 (I can't speak for other versions) you go to Tools - Options - Load/Save - General and check the box for "always create backups". If you scroll up from Open/Save to OpenOffice.org and pick Paths you can see where it
sends the backups.

Ah. That solves the problem. I'm screwed for the one I lost, but that box is
now checked. And I just did a save on another file and it now made a .bak
version of it in the backup folder.

So the only remaining question is, why the hell didn't the install utility have
that box checked by default?

Steven Cox
Mectek - Inetprime
www.inetprime.net