Dan Lewis wrote:

I do not see where you have tried to do what Solveig wrote earlier. One thing to remember when loading styles from a template or another document: make sure the "Overwrite" checkbox is checked. I usually check all of the checkboxes.

Actually, I did try Solveig's suggestion but made a little error by not
following it exactly.

Here's what she said:

1. Go to the document someone submitted to you, where you need to have your styles. 2. Choose Format > Styles and Formatting. 3. Find the far-right top icon with the downward facing black triangle, click on it, and choose Load Styles. 4. In the styles window that appears, mark all the types of styles you want to bring in from your template, then click From File.

(The last is where I made my error. The styles window shows the name of the template that
has the styles I want so I clicked it instead of "From File".)

5. Select your template file, and click Open. (If your template file is already
listed in one of the template categories shown, you don't have to click From
File.)

Yeah, you do. :-) At least, it didn't work when  I clicked the template name rather than
"From File".

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

   Treat everyone the way you want to be treated.