On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 18:17 +0100, Frank Thomas wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> >> For short, this is not what you can be call user-friendly.
> >>
> >> I might add: did you look for the language of the characters?
> >>

> > In what way? Both Jonathon and I tried to point the OP in the right
> > direction and I think we did. What we cannot do is do the work.
> > Furthermore, the list archives have the solution time and time again and
> > it takes little time and effort to do a search of these.
> >
> > So you tell us what would have been better.
>
> Sorry Roderick, I did not intend to
> write badly about your work. And I really use Ooo, every day.
>
> What I wanted to say is that the use of the right language is somewhat
> opaque. There are too many instances when you can change it, so that you
> have numbers and numbers of possible combinations. And this makes the
> affair difficult to understand. Those her on the list will probably have
> learnt how to deal with the question but with a growing community the
> same problem will come up time and again.
>
> I mentioned the language of characters as such a problem. I don't know
> whether I saw this before - and I work with text treatment programs
> since the times of CPM - but that you can change the language of
> characters just doesn't come into your mind when you search why the
> spell checker doesn't work.
>
> And I appreciate your work,

No problem. However, the more we discuss this the more I am convinced
that an RFE is in order. How about you or Rod starting the process. Here
are some basic instructions:

To enter an Request for Enhancement (RFE) into Issue
Tracker do the following, as this is the best way to have requests such
as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join
     2. Fill in your information
     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
        you provided.
     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
     5. And click on the "My Pages" tab from which you can file and find
issues.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead