Hello! Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work. I always use my non-printing characters, but it's not helping me to see what is wrong with my document. I tried right clicking on the paragraphs, but it still says that my paragraphs are single spaced, when I know they're not. Now, my 60 page document is a 98 page document!

----- Original Message ----- From: "G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: "Christy @ Krantz & Associates RE/MAX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Trying to Convert Corrupted Word Perfect Files withOpen Office

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 09:58 -0600, Christy @ Krantz & Associates RE/MAX
wrote:
I am using Open Office Writer 2.0 and I recently installed it because
my Microsoft Word Perfect was acting very strange.  I installed open
office to open word perfect files and it's been going fairly well.  I
think I've opened a corrupted file with open office and now all of my
text looks like it's double spaced, but it says that it's single
spaced.  If I delete the text, and then re-type it, it's fine.  It's
single spaced and the formatting says that it's single spaced.  But,
there's 60 pages of this problem and I don't want to re-type the
entire document.  I would like to know how I can fix this.  I'm sure
there's something I'm missing, but I can' figure it out.  Also, when I
click on the text that's double spaced, the cursor is very long.

I have a suggestion. Open the document, make sure that View > Non
printing characters is checked and then open the stylist. Do you see a
pilcrow symbol at the end of each line (reversed P)? No, then put your
cursor in one of the funny looking paragraphs and check the space
settings in the paragraph style highlighted in the stylist by
right-clicking and using modify.

Let us know if fixing the spacing in the paragraph style was the
solution.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead