"Andy Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Kjell Lindbo wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> When I copy a figure from draw and paste it into writer the text changes
>> length??. This make my figures kind of difficult to read...and
>> restricting me from using draw to make figures.
>>
>> Example - make a textobject , times new roman 8 pt in draw. Highlight the
>> object (not only the text), copy the object and paste it into
>> writer....the text extends in length.....actually the letters look the
>> same but tiny spaces are inserted between the letters.....
>>
>> The same effect can be seen by inserting a text graphics object directly
>> in writer.....
>>
>> I've checked all the text/character parameters I could find but could not
>> find any differences.....
>>
>> Any swittch/button I could try to fix this or is it a bug (feature....)
>>
>> OpenOffice 2.01 on windows.
>>
>> Regards
>> Kjell L.
>
> Hi, Kjell
>
> I can't reproduce this - I did exactly what you described in your example,
> and my text was the same length in Draw and Writer.  I'm using OOo 2.0.0
> on Windows XP, in case that makes a difference.
>
> When I right click on each object and select "Text...", the settings are
> exactly the same in Draw and in Writer.  I tried ticking and un-ticking
> boxes etc, but I can't create the effect you describe.  Sorry - not much
> help to you so far!
>
> Have you tried right clicking on the object and selecting "Character"?
> [You can do this directly in Draw, but in Writer it seems that you need to
> double click on the object before the Character option is available.]
> On the "Position" tab, there is a Spacing setting; on both of my objects
> this is set to "Default".  Is one of your objects "Condensed" or
> "Expanded"? - that would create the effect you describe.  There is also
> the "Kerning" option - if that is ticked in one object and not the other
> it would affect the spacing between letters.
>
> Hope something works.
>
> Andy
>
> Andy

Hi again!

Tanks for your interest in this strange problem. I have checked all the
parameters you mentioned and they are the same. I then used a couple of
hours to try to figure out were the problem is and here is the result:

I suddenly realised that in a new document "file new text document", the
problem were nonexistent. So I made a new document with two lines and
stripped down my "problem" document to the same two lines. Then I unziped
the odt files and fiddled around with them until the problem document should
be equal to the new ok document....and to my surprise....the problem still
existed...

It turns out that if I make a new document in writer it is ok.....then I
save it...and reopen it...and the problem is suddenly there....graphics text
do no plot or insert properly......I might have been wrong to blame the
problem on draw.

Here is the workaround I have figured out......go to tools-options-load/save
and switch of "load user-spesific settings with the document"......the
problem disappears............beats me......and I have no clue on what
"user-specific" settings that could cause such an effect???

Regards
Kjell L.